Each month there will be 2 categories: Fish of the Month and Any Other Variety. Please read the following
rules, and if you have any questions, call Larry Gibbs.
1. Bowl Show is open to any member of TFCEC
2. Exhibitors must be in attendance at the meeting
3. The Bowl Show will have 1 division:
Senior-over 18 years of age
4. Fish must be shown in containers with at least one flat side. No plants, gravel, decorations, or exhibitor
identification will be allowed.
5. Fish will be judged on:
A. Size (based on mature size of fish)
C. Health (no diseases)
E. Deportment (the way the fish shows itself)
There will be two judges each month: one permanent judge (Dick Martino) and a rotating judge position. The
permanent judge will provide consistency from month to month. The rotating position will be for a different person each month
(please feel free to volunteer!) who does not have an entry in bowl show. This will allow members to hone their judging skills.
6. There are two categories each month. There is a limit of one entry per person per class.
7. Each place is worth points, to be totalled for the entire show season, January 1997 through December 1997.
Trophies or plaques will be awarded to the top three in each division.
Point system is as follows:
1st place: 5 points
2nd place: 4 points
3rd place: 3 points
4th place: 2 points
Any other entries in the show which do not place: 1 point
8. People's Choice Award: each month the attendees at the meeting will vote on the People's Choice. Tickets
deposited will be entered in a drawing for a door prize each month.
9. Awards: Each month, first, second and third place winners in each category will receive ribbons in addition
to bowl show points. The People's Choice Award will be a certificate plus a prize.
10. Any entry must be the property of the exhibitor for a minimum of 30 days.
11. Any fish placing in either category will not be allowed to be shown again during the remainder of the
bowl show season.
12. All fish to be shown as a single, unless noted in the category in which it is entered.
13. Decision of the judges in final and not subject to appeal.
14. The Bowl Show Chairman reserves the right to change the Bowl Show categories.